Alvarium Delivers your Own Signature Digital Recipes!
There are many perceptions around the term, ‘Digital.’ In simple words, Digital is sharing and consuming information through technology and Digital Transformation is renovating the existing gears of information exchange using technology.
To put it into a simple context, the core idea behind Digital Transformation revolves around:
- Information or Data which is accessed or shared
- Stakeholders who access or share the information
- The purpose of information exchange
- The process to share or access the information
- Tools to enable the information exchange procedure
In the contemporary era of technological advancements, this is what Digital Transformation stands for:
“Accomplishment of a purpose (Business Goal or Business Challenge or Business Need) by multiple people/things (Stakeholders– Human/bots) who follow defined/undefined steps (Process) to exchange the information (Data) using some tools (non-technological/technological).”
It is evident from the above-mentioned statement that the five ingredients (Business goals, Stakeholders, data, process and technology) are instrumental for any digital initiative to be successful.
- Stakeholders accomplish the goal and hence, they have the job to find a way to fixing a problem or fulfilling a business need. To plan any Digital Transformation program, you must be aware of the business objectives/needs/challenges and the stakeholders who are accountable/responsible or influence the business outcomes.
- To create a digital journey, certain processes are involved whether they are defined or undefined. A prior understanding of these processes is required before initiating a Digital Transformation cycle.
- In a digital journey, data travels in all the interactions. To make sure data reach at the right place and at the right time to right stakeholders, strategizing the data journeys is crucial before commencing Digital Transformation.
- Both non-technological and technological ways are there to make a feasible collaboration. Both these ways are crucial for the assessment to find the right technology for envisaging a digital solution.
- It is established by now that ‘a holistic human-centric problem-solving approach’ is essential to make any Digital Transformation program successful. Missing out on any of the five ingredients could spoil your digital recipe, lead to digital ambiguity and chaos, which could make future digital programs more difficult and costly.
Alvarium, a design-led methodology for Digital Transformation, ensures that all these five ingredients are used in the right quantity, at right time and for the necessary duration to prepare your own signature digital recipe.
And this is how we do it!
- A team from Alvarium Institute (Ai) aligns people with disparate desires backgrounds from the customer’s end and defines Digital Transformation journey mutually and inclusively. Alvarium team focuses on what really matters to people and converges their divergent & abstract thoughts into concrete ideas.
- Our team prioritizes these ideas considering business goals, business urgency, business impact and time in hand to tap the market opportunities.
- We then get the shortlisted ideas validated through quick prototyping and if found appropriate, we convert them into projects with timelines that suit the business needs.
For instance, one of our customers was looking for a digital solution to provide a seamless and hassle-free car service experience to car users. A team of Alvarium experts delivered the digital recipe considering all the following five essential ingredients i.e.
- Business objectives: Increasing repeat business, NN business growth, and workshop productivity improvement.
- Relevant stakeholders: Head of Garage Operations, Workshop Business Manager, Customer Support Manager, Car Mechanic, Back Office Team, select Car Users.
- Key processes: Booking service by phone, web, parts ordering, job planning, delivering a service etc.
- Data: Customer data, car data, service history data, parts inventory data, mechanic data etc.
- Tools used to deliver the service: Phone, workbook, parts manual, Inventory software, invoicing software etc.
We served the following digital recipe to our customer in a digital platter
- Main recipe – An all-in-one collaborative platform between car users and its owned and affiliated garages from service booking to service completion.
- Garage Interface for appointment planning that offers appointments booking & management, capacity planning, service quotation & recommendations, service time & cost management, parts ordering, work order planning and execution, and service progress update.
- B2C mobile application and mobile responsive website for appointment booking with the real-time planner, updates on service progress, payment and customer feedback.
- Intelligent and dynamic pricing
- Car passport having repair history, service alerts, and discount coupons.
It helped our client achieve a 30% increase in repeat business, a 20% hike in revenue from NN business and a 40% improvement in workshop productivity.
Another live case is when one of the logistics service providers in Feed, Food & Beverage (FFB) industry was looking for a data exchange platform to collaborate with its shippers.
Applying the Alvarium strategy we found that customer requirement was part of a bigger problem than we could actually perceive. We ended up with an end-to-end marketplace for FFB industry that helped the client increase its NN business by 30% and capture an additional 15% revenue by charging a premium to its customers for using its digital solution to improve their end customer’ experience and optimize the cost.
Reach out to us at email@example.com to prepare your own signature digital recipe.